Protein, Green Smoothies and Books, Oh My!



Soooooo, I am happy to announce that I am officially (again) beginning a raw lifestyle. I am very excited. I went and purchased a couple of books recently and one of them was "The Raw Food Detox Diet." It's really good! I recommend it to anyone that's looking for a healthy diet, vegan or non. It's based on raw foods, but its not about exclusivity to raw foods. It's really balanced (if you do it right) and you should see tremendous results. I'm on this version of raw until I can devote myself to be entirely 100% raw. I think this is a better option.

In other news, I noticed that every time someone discovers that I'm a vegetarian (now vegan :-)) they say "Oh, make sure you're getting enough protein." I am almost ALWAYS annoyed by this comment. These people have clearly not educated themselves on protein or vegetarianism. I know that they're just being helpful, and most times I'm not offended, lol. So I thought I would share a link about getting sufficient protein from plant-based diets. It's a quick read I promise.

What else? Oh! I made contact with a "raw celebrity" today! His name is Philip McCluskey and he's amazing. He lost over 150lbs by adopting a raw food lifestyle. Don't believe me? Check out his site. Anyway, I spoke to him on facebook! He's so nice and down to earth. It's a blessing to meet people like that.

I also made a green smoothie today. It consisted of romaine lettuce, collard greens, celery, carrots, pears, and some honey. I also put some bee pollen in it. It was pretty good. It was a little too fibrous though. Next time, I'll need more water. But it's making me kinda gassy...oops. Great things in store. Stay tuned folks.

Shanise

0 comments: