New Love

I found a new love. Avocados!!! I thought I hated them. They were green and slimy and mushy (kinda like Slimer from Ghost Busters). Not appealing at all. Then I went to the store and bought 2 to add to a conditioner I was making for my hair out of avocados and mayonnaise. Perfect, I thought, as I would never eat either of them. Well something tempted me to try the avocado and it seems that I fell in love. At first Ii thought "eww...this is......" but before the words "nasty" or "yucky" could come out of my mouth, a "good" slipped out and I found myself eating more and more of the avocado. The more I ate, the more I wanted it. I would up putting it in a smoothie that I made and it was soooooo good.

The smoothie was creamy, satisfying and tasty. I call it my "Bery" Avonana smoothie. It was alchemy at its best. I used 1 banana, 1 avocado, about a cup of blueberries and about 2 cups of strawberries. I also added some MSM and some Maca powder. Let me tell you......BOY OH BOY! Later on for some texture, I added a handful of goji berries to my glass. They were pretty good too. I think I need to start buying them from Whole Paycheck though. I got these from china town.

Today has been a great food day. I picked up some young coconuts that I can't WAIT to open and I also got some dates for a sweet treat later on and also to sweeten up some nut milk that I'm gonna make. So excited. AVOCADOSSSSSSSSS.......lol. Ok, I'm done.


Today I had:

Green smoothie (spinach and peaches)
a banana
Kale and Avocado Salad.........YUM (Kale, avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, grape tomatoes)

Addendum:

Enzyme Boost smoothie (from Raw Food, Real World)
papaya
pineapple
coconut water
sweetener (I used dates....yum)
tiny squeeze of lemon juice
vanilla extract
salt

^^This smoothie was the BOMB!

and the last thing I ate was a cucumber. Raw, unadulterated, skin and all.....glorious.

0 comments: